Episodes 7816-7820 (Block 1564)

Episodes 7816-7820 (Block 1564)

Postby project90 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Discuss
project90

Re: Episodes 7816-7820 (Block 1564)

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 pm

So Jane is divorced with two kids.

Des is remarried to Fiona, which is nice.

Mike is teaching in the Philippines and I like that she’s in touch with Gail too.

I liked that whole little small talk catch up scene.

Glad Jane & Clive had brunch, even if it was offscreen.

Paul was right though, Mrs Mangel has rubbed off on her.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Davestar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Yeah it actually seems realistic that she would know this through social media. So many characters turn up not knowing what their friends have been up to. Can't be very good friends. Of course it does depend on what people share on social media.
Davestar

Postby Gj81 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Yea, really liked the catching up. Good to know what all these old character are up to.
Gj81

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:27 pm

One of the best returns - the balcony catch up scene was so natural and touched on so many characters - Mike, Des, Joe, Mrs Mangel, Helen, Gail... just really well done.

I also kinda like how Mrs Mangel has rubbed off on her and I loved the bit where Jane looked at the portrait almost as if it was a mirror, right down to pearls and blue outfit!

These return scenes made me feel the way I did when Des came back - Paul was infectiously pleases to see them.

I also liked the Mark/David mix up - and I even found Chloe a bit more bearable today but I may just be excited by Jane’s return!
Mark

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Mark wrote:One of the best returns - the balcony catch up scene was so natural and touched on so many characters - Mike, Des, Joe, Mrs Mangel, Helen, Gail... just really well done.

I also kinda like how Mrs Mangel has rubbed off on her and I loved the bit where Jane looked at the portrait almost as if it was a mirror, right down to pearls and blue outfit!

These return scenes made me feel the way I did when Des came back - Paul was infectiously pleases to see them.

I also liked the Mark/David mix up - and I even found Chloe a bit more bearable today but I may just be excited by Jane’s return!

I also enjoy Paul’s genuine love for Erinsborough, despite so much of his family being elsewhere, mostly in New York, he still chooses to live there.

I didn’t click with the blue outfit, partly because it reminded me of the Madge publicity pics of the 80s.

The writer wasn’t one I know, but nice that Chris Adshead was directing.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby SamH » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:51 pm

I enjoyed the catch up scene too but couldn't help but wonder if it would alienate newer viewers, or even viewers who started watching in the 90s! They'd have had no idea who any of those people getting mentioned were. Also I was disappointed Jane didn't ask Paul how Scott and Charlene and Daniel/Madison are doing or at least reference that she's in touch with them as well.

Anyone know how old Mrs Mangell would be now? I know in reality the actress who played her died some time ago. :(

The only slight problem I have with Jane turning into a bit of a busy body is that Paul already has Hilary for that! Still, it looks like she has an agenda so hopefully the bigger issue will soon be revealed.
SamH

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Going by Vivean Gray’s age, Mrs Mangel would be 93, almost 94.

RamsayStreet

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:30 pm

I think it’s a given Jane is still in touch with Charlene - she referred to her as her best mate earlier in the episode. Also they way the scenes were cut implied that they were going through all the old names between scenes because the second scene on the balcony picked up with Paul talking about Clive.

I’m sure there will be further references as the days and weeks go by.

I was a bit confused in the scene where Jane was on the phone in the reception area - it sounded like she said “Mum” which doesn’t tie in with how critical she was of Amanda earlier in the episode.

Another thing that struck me was hearing Paul voice his regret that he wasn’t around for Helen’s final years - I don’t think he’s ever really acknowledged that before so it was nice to hear.

Also - which family is Joe living with in Port Douglas? Isn’t where Sky is now?
Mark

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Yes, Sky’s in Port Douglas with her three kids and Harold, possibly Dylan.

It was “Erm” as she stepped out of the lift.

RamsayStreet

Next

Return to Neighbours Talk