Episodes 7816-7820 (Block 1564)

Re: Episodes 7816-7820 (Block 1564)

Postby project90 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 am

SamH wrote:I enjoyed the catch up scene too but couldn't help but wonder if it would alienate newer viewers, or even viewers who started watching in the 90s! They'd have had no idea who any of those people getting mentioned were.

I am one those people who have no idea who she talking about or even know who Jane is. Joe i knew from his 05 return when he hook up with Lynn Scully

Des i got no real idea who he is just his 1 episode return few years back from 30th anniversary
Know Gail from her returns in was it like 05-07

Everyone else mentioned don't know They are but Paul mentioned they her ex and was enough was only little part of episode so yeah for me meant nothing but sure was treat for longer viewers
project90

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 pm

If a scene or two reminiscing about old characters alienates viewers, tough. Why should those who have watched for years be punished? Bringing back a character from that long ago is designed to appeal to older viewers anyway.
Mark

Postby SamH » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm

I agree, but as I said before, I think a few flash back clips would have been good, perhaps Jane reminiscing as she looked at the house or something. That could have shown everyone who some of those people were that got a mention AND been really cool for longer term viewers to look back on.
SamH

Postby RamsayStreet » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Mark wrote:If a scene or two reminiscing about old characters alienates viewers, tough. Why should those who have watched for years be punished? Bringing back a character from that long ago is designed to appeal to older viewers anyway.

I agree and actually most newer or younger viewers are savvy enough to google who the characters are. Plus I don’t see how it’s any different from a character having a backstory that happened offscreen.

If the show brought in Dipi’s former high school best friend and they had a scene catching up, we’d all be in the same boat. The only difference with Jane is that some of the viewers witnessed it.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Number 28 looked incredible today, the new lighting & cameras really made the colours pop and for the first time in years it hasn’t looked dark, which is right as with it’s location and the windows the living room should be filled with daylight.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Shamrock » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:12 pm

I was just thinking that. It's definitely been a trial and error process lately but whatever needed to click finally has. It was bright, glossy and sunny rather than artificial or yellow. The show looks so much more professional and modern.

As someone who only watched the briefest clips of Jane, I loved all the continuity. You don't bring back a character from that era and not utilise that history. I could see her fitting in as a regular quite easily to be honest. Especially now that her character has edged towards the Mrs Mangel mould but not in an overbearing stickybeak way.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Shamrock wrote:I was just thinking that. It's definitely been a trial and error process lately but whatever needed to click finally has. It was bright, glossy and sunny rather than artificial or yellow. The show looks so much more professional and modern.

As someone who only watched the briefest clips of Jane, I loved all the continuity. You don't bring back a character from that era and not utilise that history. I could see her fitting in as a regular quite easily to be honest. Especially now that her character has edged towards the Mrs Mangel mould but not in an overbearing stickybeak way.

I agree about Jane and actually, now we know she’s a teacher she’d really fit in at the school as that kind of teacher who always catches the kids doing something wrong, like Helen “Carr Crash” Carr when she was Head of Senior School.

RamsayStreet

Postby project90 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:33 am

So has Holly left already did i miss that?

Good have Sonya back and that this Andrea storyline picking up her retuned was teased end last year barely had anything from it since. I thought Nelle would retrun as a recast

Now Ben gone wonder if we get new credits Chole just replaced Tyler and Paige and Jack just got cut out credits so not much editing was done. But Elly need someone be with her and be nice if change Paul and Steph seeing as they have nothing do with each other now. Wonder if Clive will make into the credits or will keep him as recurring role 3 main character doctors is bit much. And anyone know if Jane a guest or if she staying
project90

Postby Davestar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 am

Yes it is surprising Nell returned untouched.
I mean she could have- decided to stay on in America to continue her studies, come back as a teenager, gone off to live with Angie as she's fed up with Ramsay st. , Went on a student exchange with Holly...

Just teasing I know it sounds unbelievable, but then these style of excuses have been used so many times in the past with various characters.
Davestar

Postby Gj81 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 pm

I was honestly expecting Nell to come back with a new face. It's rare that such a young character is played by the same person for so long.

And Dipi hitting that guy :lol:
Gj81

PreviousNext

Return to Neighbours Talk