Episodes 7811-7815 (Block 1563)

Re: Episodes 7811-7815 (Block 1563)

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:25 pm

I’m really wondering what the point on Izzy’s return was if not to bring in Holly as a regular.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Izzy’s return was a much needed shot in the arm for the show - brought back life, fizz, colour... the dialogue and writing was sharper whenever she was around, it gave the Kennedys some meaty material, was a good hook to get some interest in the series... I never saw it as being about Holly and am quite happy to see her head off to China. Only thing I’m curious about is what’s next for the Kennedy Household with just Karl, Susan and Elly. As we all know, the Kennedys are best when they have teens in the house.

I felt the treatment of Wayne by Amy today was unnecessarily cruel. Are we saying it’s ok for people to be belittled and demeaned like that?
Mark

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:32 am

Mark wrote:Izzy’s return was a much needed shot in the arm for the show - brought back life, fizz, colour... the dialogue and writing was sharper whenever she was around, it gave the Kennedys some meaty material, was a good hook to get some interest in the series... I never saw it as being about Holly and am quite happy to see her head off to China. Only thing I’m curious about is what’s next for the Kennedy Household with just Karl, Susan and Elly. As we all know, the Kennedys are best when they have teens in the house.

Oh, I agree, it was needed, I just thought it would have some long term effects for the Kennedys and although I’m not a massive Holly fan, that would have been a way of having a longer impact. I feel all too often the Kennedys stories these days are just to give them a story rather than continuous character development. I realise it’s hard after 23 years to develop them further. Really, I’d have quite liked it if they’d ended up holding a new Izzy baby as seeing them raise a child from birth at their ages would be a really good story. Maybe if ever Elly leaves she can die in childbirth.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby EdwardSkylover » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 am

They should re-cast Holly if they want her to be a regular. I don't really get why they've totally skipped over the affect being abandoned has had on Holly. This show is odd at times.
EdwardSkylover

Postby Gj81 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Holly needs to be a reg. Keep her and get rid of Chloe.

The Terese/Piper reading scenes were nice.
Gj81

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 pm

I thought yesterday they’d changed the Waterhole set as the dartboard had moved behind the pool table (where it was in Lou’s Place), but today there’s a window to the right of the bar where the dartboard originally was. We also saw the 4th wall.

RamsayStreet

Postby SamH » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 am

Yeah I don't understand why bring Holly in for just a few weeks, then have her leave again? And it is only for 6 months so should we expect her back after that? She does seem to be used sparingly though given how long ago she first appeared in the show, then had literally one scene in London when Karl visited Toadie in hospital that time.

Does anyone else think the uniforms the men wear who work at the Waterhole, look a lot like what the killers wear in the movie Hostel? :lol:
SamH

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:20 am

SamH wrote:Yeah I don't understand why bring Holly in for just a few weeks, then have her leave again? And it is only for 6 months so should we expect her back after that? She does seem to be used sparingly though given how long ago she first appeared in the show, then had literally one scene in London when Karl visited Toadie in hospital that time.

Does anyone else think the uniforms the men wear who work at the Waterhole, look a lot like what the killers wear in the movie Hostel? :lol:

I’ve not seen it, they remind me of butchers uniforms, but I think they work for The Waterhole. They don’t seem to have any female staff asides from Sheila, which maybe is her doing.

RamsayStreet

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Well... that’s not quite how I envisioned Jane Harris’ return to be! Still, it’s excitig to have her back and the preview clips for next week look good.
Mark

Postby Gj81 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:12 pm

Yea, pretty random to return like that.

And Sheila's memory issues being down to her medication. Does happen.
Gj81

PreviousNext

Return to Neighbours Talk