Episodes 7801-7805 (Block 1561)

Re: Episodes 7801-7805 (Block 1561)

Postby Shamrock » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Just catching up on yesterday's episode and wow, probably up there with some of the finest drama to come out of Izzy's entire time on the show. Referencing 'the gap' was fantastic continuity for one, but despite it being so many years and writers, they just easily recaptured what makes Izzy Izzy.

The performances were excellent and the final scene was heartbreaking, sad and just so classically Izzy. The best part of the character was that she did bad, selfish things but only because she was such a mess inside and they nailed it. I don't think that'll be the last we see of her but if it is, they created the same type of nuance that her London departure sort of lacked.

Aaron exposing Raf's scars was one of those very soapy moments that the show is doing a good job of returning to lately.

And again, the music quality is above and beyond anything we've had in years. It's very modern but I love the use of synths. It actually adds to the scene really than distracting from it.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:00 pm

What I like about the music is that it isn’t actually new yet, they’re just using the existing tracks much more effectively.

It’s been really obvious that some actors weren’t available for interior filming the week after this week’s exteriors. Susan spent the whole week outside.

I loved the Shane & Dipi roleplay.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:29 pm

I really hope this isn’t the end of Sue, if it is I think they’ve lost more than they gained from this story.

Ben seems to have taken the old kitchen door from Number 32 circa 2005 to Oakey.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby project90 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:17 am

I've never been big fan of the court stuff but i actually wish we had gotten to see Louise trial but I'm guessing they couldn't get the actress back

Terese and Piper scenes grate both funny and heart warming mother daughter relationship between them been one my favorite in recent times

wasn't fan of Mark and Elly first time but not sure meant to be cause he was hung up on Paige. I don't know if they get together soon just makes no sense. he was in love with Paige so he dumps Elly than he ready to get engaged again and 5 minutes after they broke up he back on to Elly. much like after being in love with Sonya he was back on to Paige after a quick Queensland trip. him going on rebound with Izzy now Elly make sense but if they build them up as real relationship in near future not so much

Paige moving to fast from Mark to Jack kinda makes more sense she was in Love *cough obsessed* with him for close to year the whoel "Gabe going missing reopen old feelings" is little bit of a cop out but lease it an excuse. and in long run it all plot driven for Paige and Jacks exit storyline so can understand the moving on so fast more than i can with Mark

Sheila memory is an interesting storyline didn't see coming did not even tale take notice of her forgetting the bet so possible Alzheimer's ? Sheila might be leaving? well she has stayed longer than average cast member and I'd actually miss her if she did leave but could be very interesting exit storyline if she dose have Alzheimer's long as not rushed so if she left end of the year at the earliest. be good for Colette to get a meaty storyline to go out on and work really well with Clive and her family supporting her and good excuse to see Kyle Naomi or both return
project90

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:08 pm

The art department have well and truly messed up the signage in the Lassiter’s lift. It’s been established that Paul’s penthouse is on the 8th floor, but according to the lift signage:

The Gift Shop Level 1
Restaurant Level 2
The Terrace Level 2
Business Centre Level 4
Lassiter’s Day Spa Level 11 - how when there’s only 8 floors and people access it from outside?
Swimming Pool Rooftop
Lassiters Gym Rooftop

RamsayStreet

Postby EdwardSkylover » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:08 am

Izzy's return was the best! Loved it!

Also agree about the music.
EdwardSkylover

Postby SamH » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 pm

Jeez Louise - how much wash, rinse and recycling are they going to do with Mark's love life? Just pair him off with someone once and for all and give him some new material, PLEASE! Or just write him out...
SamH

Postby project90 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:09 am

SamH wrote:Jeez Louise - how much wash, rinse and recycling are they going to do with Mark's love life? Just pair him off with someone once and for all and give him some new material, PLEASE! Or just write him out...

I've said since Kyle left want him with Amy. Also said for about as long I'm ready for Mark to leave
project90

Previous

Return to Neighbours Talk