Episodes 7781-7785 (Block 1557)

Re: Episodes 7781-7785 (Block 1557)

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Shamrock wrote:David is such a treasure. So endearing. I just want nice things for him. He's so rootable in a way that not all characters can be.

Today's episode was hilarious. The stuff with Dipi/Shane/Clive/Sheila/'Frank' was funny with some really witty lines in there. Sheila's at her best in scenes like this.

Amy and Jayden was also surprisingly funny too.

The scenes yesterday with Izzy were brilliant too. Natalie lifts every scene she's in and they've recaptured the characters' voice straight away. It's always great to see Susan with a rival too.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Poor Frank, going the same way as Bob. I liked them finding the humour in it - and Frank being a big man.

I’m glad they put the sofas in Number 26 back how they used to be, it just seems to work better like that.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Why was Amy in a Lassiter’s hotel room with Jayden though?
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:33 pm

It probably won’t be Jayden after all this.

Anyway, I loved the Amy-Jayden stuff. I didn’t see it coming and it was just well played. Jayden has serious potential to develop into a regular.

The Sheila-Clive stuff was great too.

I’ve found the last few days everything has just been paced much better. Rather than a thousand stories going on at once, things are playing out quite nicely. Feels a bit like old Neighbours.

Rafael is starting to get a bit frustrating with all the moody scenes and constant look of confusion. Hoping things pick up now he’s blurted the secret out to Miserable Mishti.
Mark

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 am

Mark wrote:It probably won’t be Jayden after all this.

Anyway, I loved the Amy-Jayden stuff. I didn’t see it coming and it was just well played. Jayden has serious potential to develop into a regular.

The Sheila-Clive stuff was great too.

I’ve found the last few days everything has just been paced much better. Rather than a thousand stories going on at once, things are playing out quite nicely. Feels a bit like old Neighbours.

Rafael is starting to get a bit frustrating with all the moody scenes and constant look of confusion. Hoping things pick up now he’s blurted the secret out to Miserable Mishti.

I just don’t understand why the show goes through these real peaks and troughs though, there’s no change behind the scenes to the story team.

RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Haha, I guessed it was Wayne Baxter as soon as it cut to Jimmy at school.

RamsayStreet

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:03 pm

I think the Rafael character has been badly handled - if anyone tuned in just because it was Ryan Thomas they must be disappointed because he is miserable and mono-syllabic in every scene. I’m already hoping the story ends soon.
Mark

Postby RamsayStreet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 am

Mark wrote:I think the Rafael character has been badly handled - if anyone tuned in just because it was Ryan Thomas they must be disappointed because he is miserable and mono-syllabic in every scene. I’m already hoping the story ends soon.

I can see why they wanted Adam Thomas. :mrs:

When he doesn’t speak, I see Ryan as Rafael, but as soon as he opens his mouth, I’m watching Jason Grimshaw.

RamsayStreet

Postby project90 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:12 am

Is the actor well known what from?

Wow the Xanthe stuff really hit me in the feel one my best mates totally froze me out and it really dose hurt. Seeing how felt about Xanthe when she arrived and how felt during Finn stuff very surprise how much like her now

The Wayne Amy poem with Elly Shane and David watching/laughing felt very classic neighbours
project90

Postby RamsayStreet » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:15 am

project90 wrote:Is the actor well known what from?

He was in Coronation Street for 16 years.

RamsayStreet

Previous

Return to Neighbours Talk