Neighbours hall of fame elimination game

Neighbours hall of fame elimination game

Postby project90 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:38 am

thought start all stars game to give us something to do over the brake

so taken mainly players from the hall of fame topic we got 25 players want make it an even 30? so nominate one player till got 5 more if no one nominated anyone new in 24 hours may go again

Helen Daniels 10
Hilary Robinson 10
Jim Robinson 10
Paul Robinson 10
Lucy Robinson 10
Scott Robinson 10
Charlene Robinson 10
Glen Donnelly 10
Lou Carpenter 10
Max Ramsay 10
Madge Bishop 10
Harold Bishop 10
Kerry Bishop 10
Joe Mangel 10
Mrs. Nell Mangel 10
Des Clarke 10
Daphne Clarke 10
Izzy Hoyland 10
Karl Kennedy 10
Susan Kennedy 10
Libby Kennedy
Toadie Rebecchi 10
Sonya Rebecchi 10
Dee Bliss 10
Lyn Scully 10
Steph Scully 10
Lucas Fitzgerald 10
Last edited by project90 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
project90

Re: Neighbours hall of fame elimination game

Postby Joanne » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:52 am

Not that anyone really remembers him, but Glen Donnelly is one of the most memorable characters for me, so can I nominate him?
Joanne

Postby project90 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:00 am

Glen Donnelly been added and I've added in Dee myself. 3 spots left
project90

Postby stew23 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Great topic.

I think the key to this is that people need to separate their favourite characters from those that would be inducted into an actual Hall of Fame.

Having said that, it's hard to find too many more worthy characters capable of slotting into that elite list. Characters like Max Ramsay and Glen Donnelly, although great, really didn't stick around too long to warrant a Hall of Fame nomination. Even Kerry Bishop, as great a character as she was, couldn't last a two season span. Not that I'm complaining about the nominees.

I'll throw in Phil Martin and Hannah Martin. They both deserve a spot on that list over quite a few others. And although his tenure was less than three years, Henry Ramsay wouldn't look out of place. Rosemary Daniels for longevity. Todd Landers probably equal with Hannah and Phil. Perhaps Sarah Beaumont if Izzy gets a place. Then you could probably include the likes of Jane Harris and Mike Young if you were pushing it, if only because the show was massive during their tenure, and they, along with Kylie, Jason and Craig were the public faces of the show. Darcy Tyler also had some of the great storylines during his time and was such an important part of the show.
stew23

Postby project90 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 am

Hey stew23 not sure if you realize but this is a game topic. See your new member so probably not seen me run this game before. Basically all the characters start with 10 points you take 1 point from 1 character and give it to another once down to 0 points they are out of the game. You aloud one turn per day

So would you like to nominate just one chartcher in to play? And please feel free to join in when the game starts
project90

Postby SamH » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 pm

I think a little more consideration is needed here - just because one person liked Glen Donnelly, doesn't make him anywhere near being a hall of famer, I mean come on. Same for Hannah Martin, who IMO was one of the WORST characters of all time.

Also I think in the topic about this, the general consensus was Lyn Scully is not a hall of famer, she has simply been around a long time. So I'd ask her to be removed...

But otherwise its a pretty good list! I vaguely recall we did one of these ages ago trying to find the greatest character of all time, but it was probably 2 or 3 years and would be good to see who wins this time. :D
SamH

Postby project90 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:04 am

SamH wrote:I think a little more consideration is needed here - just because one person liked Glen Donnelly, doesn't make him anywhere near being a hall of famer, I mean come on. Same for Hannah Martin, who IMO was one of the WORST characters of all time.

Also I think in the topic about this, the general consensus was Lyn Scully is not a hall of famer, she has simply been around a long time. So I'd ask her to be removed...

But otherwise its a pretty good list! I vaguely recall we did one of these ages ago trying to find the greatest character of all time, but it was probably 2 or 3 years and would be good to see who wins this time. :D

Last time was the start of the 30th year anniversary
project90

Return to Neighbours Talk