Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby project90 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:22 am

Oh but why I like having finals and what about the cast don't they need holidays
project90
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby Joanne » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 am

It's some kind of deal with the UK, they want to show it like they do their soaps over Christmas, apparently.

The cast will be taking staggered holidays and it's speculated that that's why we're seeing people like Lyn and Angie get reasons to come back - they can bring them in when the regulars are having time off.

It's not quite the same, but I know the older regulars on Home & Away (Georgie Parker, Ray Meagher, Emily Symons, Shane Withington) have a certain amount of time off written into their contracts even though H&A has the break. I'm thinking it'll work something like that. So like when Roo goes off to the city for a few weeks, that's Georgie's time off, etc.
User avatar
Joanne
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:21 am

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby project90 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:06 am

Thanks for that Joanne



DahlTheGalah wrote:Enjoyed the final week, great seeing Angie & Lyn too :D

The finale today threw up lots of questions... Firstly why on earth would they invite Willow to the marriage renewals?? Seeing as she was originally part of the scam AND surely a HUGE reminder of what split Sonya & Toadie up in the first place :roll:

Who was it that turned up in the cab? Andrea or Dee? :o

Who actually did kill Hamish?

And who has taken Gabe?!? :o Obviously the same person who has been following both Paige & Mark :? (& broke into No.24?) I hope they don't initially suspect Steph though...

Can't wait until January now :chris:



I understand willow being invited she was kid who didn't want be caught up in that mess she means a lot to Toadie and Sonya

When was 24 broken into?

Really thought found out who killed Hamish can't help thinking Mark involved somehow
project90
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby Davestar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 am

So where was Shane & Dipi's son Jay? Why wouldn't he come home for Christmas ?
Davestar
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby Shamrock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:57 pm

I think my characters of the year would also be David and Terese.

I definitely agree the last couple of months haven't been the best for her character. Frankly I'd rather she gets with Paul or remains single because whilst I don't mind the partnership, I don't have a lot of investment in her relationship with Gary and the failed wedding felt like a great ending point. But what I love about Terese is that I think she's one of the very rare examples from the last 15+ years where a 'mum' character has existed as an individual and outside of the family. Even a great character like Rebecca was defined in the end by her victimhood by Paul's hand to the point where it even caused her exit. Terese is different. They've really invested in her and carved out a place for the character so that she can stand, and carry stories by herself. It's something that never really worked with someone like Lyn for example, and they'd sooner axe a lot of women in that age range once their families leave rather than try to make them work. If the show keeps trucking on and Rebekah is keen to stay, I think she's a fitting addition to the legacy characters of the show, if she hasn't already become one. Completely different character type of course, but her development is very much like a latter day Susan.

David is a joy. The character on paper isn't anything that the show hasn't done before - mild mannered, charming, 'good guy.' Yet he's so much more and I can't put for finger on why. I wouldn't even say the character is 'classic Neighbours' in the way we can look at someone like Ben and say 'he's very Jesse Spencer'. They've really quickly bedded him in the community scenes which I think has helped. He can do comedy and drama, and the relationship with Aaron was worth the pay off. I think he's a very fitting addition to the Robinson family too and iffy as the retcon may have been, it was worth it.
User avatar
Shamrock
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16658
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby DahlTheGalah » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:51 pm

project90 wrote:Thanks for that Joanne



DahlTheGalah wrote:Enjoyed the final week, great seeing Angie & Lyn too :D

The finale today threw up lots of questions... Firstly why on earth would they invite Willow to the marriage renewals?? Seeing as she was originally part of the scam AND surely a HUGE reminder of what split Sonya & Toadie up in the first place :roll:

Who was it that turned up in the cab? Andrea or Dee? :o

Who actually did kill Hamish?

And who has taken Gabe?!? :o Obviously the same person who has been following both Paige & Mark :? (& broke into No.24?) I hope they don't initially suspect Steph though...

Can't wait until January now :chris:



I understand willow being invited she was kid who didn't want be caught up in that mess she means a lot to Toadie and Sonya

When was 24 broken into?

Really thought found out who killed Hamish can't help thinking Mark involved somehow


When Mark went home the front door was already open & the model boat was smashed on the floor...
User avatar
DahlTheGalah
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 pm
Location: St Paul's Bay Malta

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby project90 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:15 am

ah I just thought was Tyler who broke it out of anger
project90
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 am

Shamrock wrote:David is a joy. The character on paper isn't anything that the show hasn't done before - mild mannered, charming, 'good guy.' Yet he's so much more and I can't put for finger on why. I wouldn't even say the character is 'classic Neighbours' in the way we can look at someone like Ben and say 'he's very Jesse Spencer'. They've really quickly bedded him in the community scenes which I think has helped. He can do comedy and drama, and the relationship with Aaron was worth the pay off. I think he's a very fitting addition to the Robinson family too and iffy as the retcon may have been, it was worth it.


I think a lot of it is down to Takaya Honda, there seems to be a lot of him in David from what I’ve seen on Twitter, I think if I were to compare David to anyone and it may seem an odd comparison, but it’s Donna. Margot Robbie did exactly the same, she just slotted in like she’d been there for years and held her own against the likes of Stefan Dennis and Alan Fletcher.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
User avatar
RamsayStreet
 
Posts: 21792
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: England

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby SamH » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Ah but if you've watched the Time Travel series, David dressed as a teenage wannabe rapper was hilarious and Takaya played that part SO WELL, I think that maybe he's just a darn good actor more than anything.

I think we've been down this road before haven't we, where Tyler gets locked up for a crime he didn't commit? I think however, it's not going to be Louise as that's too obvious and she now has an alibi. Obviously whoever broke into the Brennan house and kidnapped Gabe is behind it, though I don't see the connection between Hamish and Paige/Gabe. I think it will be revealed as someone else. The better cliffhanger for the season finale would have been that the culprit is about to be revealed then it cuts to the music, but whatever. :mrgreen:
SamH
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby project90 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 am

SamH wrote:
I think we've been down this road before haven't we, where Tyler gets locked up for a crime he didn't commit? I think however, it's not going to be Louise as that's too obvious and she now has an alibi. Obviously whoever broke into the Brennan house and kidnapped Gabe is behind it, though I don't see the connection between Hamish and Paige/


it Mark girlfriend kid that been taken and Mark brother who looking to go down for this so if same person Mark the connection

if it i different people my thought are someone connected to church took Gabe and maybe T bone killed Hamish but than way Mark behaving feel like he knows more about Hamish death than he wants to admit

episode 7727 Steph finds Hamish dead she rushes over to Mark. Mark is going through Hamish briefcase that got left at the house with gloves on when Mark find Tyler and tell him Hamish is dead Tyler tells Mark about the briefcase and mark acts like he did not know about it
project90
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Previous

Return to Neighbours Talk