Neighbours VS Time Travel

Re: Neighbours VS Time Travel

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:17 pm

It is great, I’d really consider having them split Phil & Ruth up and bring back Phil as a partner for Sheila.

There was a slight error, if Susan & Phil have been married for almost 25 years, how did Toadie live with the Kennedys (including Karl) as a teenager?

Adz Hunter must have really developed an English accent during his time here.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:23 am

Liked that Tyler’s ex is Bree Timmins.

I loved the Canning stuff & Sheila being married to Harold.

Julie Mullins’ return as Julie stole episode 4 for me, that was perfectly done.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Shamrock » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:12 pm

As someone who remembers little to none of Julie's original stint, it was brilliant seeing her. And again, as with a few of these, you're left a little sad thinking that they could be on the show now if different choices had been made.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Shamrock wrote:As someone who remembers little to none of Julie's original stint, it was brilliant seeing her. And again, as with a few of these, you're left a little sad thinking that they could be on the show now if different choices had been made.

I agree, but I’m not sure Julie Mullins would have come back except for a guest appearance being based in London now, but yes, the decisions producers make when they’re angered...

As memorable as Julie’s death was, just think how truly iconic it would be had the network allowed it to be suicide.

I really enjoyed how splitting from Phil had clearly put Julie in a better headspace and they began to appreciate each other more. Oddly, it seemed more like a Christopher Milne & Vikki Blanche ‘Phil & Julie’ scene, like their 1985 exit.

http://perfectblend.net/magic/1985/0153.htm

RamsayStreet

Postby Shamrock » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Things are easier said in retrospect too, I guess. I doubt anyone would've expected the show still to be running, nevermind populated with Robinsons in 2017 - where Julie could've been a great recurring character.

Similarly killing Dylan and allowing Stingray to live would've been the wiser option long-term, even if the impact at the time may not have been quite as emotional.

Though RE: Julie, you're right that had her death went ahead as suicide, it would've been cemented as a proper iconic moment and a bit of a watershed moment for the show I would imagine.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby project90 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:36 pm

I'm not really enjoying it to be honest feels so cheesey which I get half point but i don't know....maybe i i knew who Phil and Julie are I'd like it more but before my time
project90

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:45 am

Loved the titles and new version of the theme, plus the Lambert Motels sign.

RamsayStreet

Postby Gj81 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Loved it :lol:

It's always good to see old characters back. Especially those who died. And it does make you think what might have been if they hadn't killed Stingray or Julie.
Gj81

Postby DahlTheGalah » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:00 pm

This has been absolutely brilliant! All the little winks to the fans & remembering details from the past was ace, loved seeing Julie back & the "new" opening titles were so funny, especially Gary's head popping over the fence to perv on Dipi & the Toadfather destroying the red balloon :lol:
DahlTheGalah

Postby SamH » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:26 am

Only seen part 1 so far but enjoyed it. Not sure why Sonya has a Russian accent yet but she was funny putting it on!

They get great mileage out of nostalgia with these webisodes - I remember the Halloween ones with Hope Gottlieb, she was brilliant and I only wished she could have made it on to the main show somehow too.
SamH

PreviousNext

Return to Neighbours Talk