Angie Rebecchi grandchildren

Angie Rebecchi grandchildren

Postby paddyopaddy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:10 pm

I thought it would be worth saying that in 2006 episodes I was watching Angie was complaining to Toadie about having no grandchildren, maybe Shane never told her about the children he had.
paddyopaddy

Re: Angie Rebecchi grandchildren

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:03 am

Well, part of it is that obviously it's, if not a retcon, new storyline now. Plus with SORAS maybe the kids didn't exist yet? Or she was complaining about no close grandchildren?

But yeah, the doylist (outside) explanation is that it was long before Shane got back into things.
Joanne

Postby RamsayStreet » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:50 am

Or maybe she was just complaining about having no grandchildren from Toadie.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby paddyopaddy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:04 pm

No she definitely said she wanted her first grandchild.

You see soap writers must not realise that serious fans exist who will find things like this, it's the same when they bring in an actor who may have played a minor role as a different character 5 years prior.
paddyopaddy

Postby Joanne » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:11 am

paddyopaddy wrote:No she definitely said she wanted her first grandchild.

You see soap writers must not realise that serious fans exist who will find things like this, it's the same when they bring in an actor who may have played a minor role as a different character 5 years prior.

In 2005 Youtube uploads and DVDs and all that weren't as big as they are now, and soap writers have always stretched things. So they might have never considered it being more than a throwaway line.

I can actually buy people playing one role and then another - if one role is minor - because they do say everyone has a double out there. Also, often the characters are styled somewhat differently, at least.

One of the reasons I wasn't all that skeptical about Andrea happening to have a strong resemblance to Dee, actually, the double thing. Not that Andrea was minor.
Joanne

Postby SamH » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:12 pm

I guess as a viewer you sometimes have to suspend belief - for example the fact Billy has not once been back to visit Karl and Susan since he left is just absurd. Or like when they recast characters on a temporary or permanent basis (Cheryl, Libby, Declan, etc) or like when there's a wedding and close family members are nowhere to be seen because they can't get the actors to return.

The aging of children does annoy me though. Ben is now the same age Libby was when she first came on the show and that's just ridiculous. He was born in 2002 so should be only just 15! And they have done it with other kids too. I await the return of Holly Hoyland as a 16 year old anytime now. :roll:
SamH

Return to Neighbours Talk