Episodes 7691-7695 (Block 1539)

Episodes 7691-7695 (Block 1539)

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Why does the Penthouse now have a motorway running outside that stops everytime someone speaks?

EDIT: Ahhh, it's meant to be the construction noise from the complex.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Re: Episodes 7691-7695 (Block 1539)

Postby Gj81 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 pm

And Hamish is dodgy. Lost all interest now.
Gj81

Postby SamH » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 am

Hamish is dodgy but I think he is at least Tyler's real dad. I want to know how/why he got the Ace of Spades card though and has access to Russell's answer phone.
SamH

Postby Rhys » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 am

Really enjoying the Hamish story. I know others are criticising it for being another fake relation plot and the return of a guest villain, but I feel the character is quite different to the types we've had for a long time. He reminds me of a Douglas Blake sort of chap - typically Neighbours with a refined accent and smart blazer. It doesn't feel quite as Mafia-esque as we've had in recent years which is a positive. Helps that he's easily the most natural actor we've had guest on the show in years. He feels positively Shakespearean compared to the rest.

The truth about Courtney's 'services' was a bit of a letdown but the way it was done had me in stitches. It's just that sort of scene that only Neighbours can get away with - it was just like a Carry On film.

Thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday's episode.

Anyone know why Scott Major got a special recognition in the closing credits? Has he moved on?
Rhys

Postby SamH » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Poor Terese! Maybe this will be the end of the Udagawas and Paul's chance to come back on board? The Courtney stuff was hilarious and quite risqué for Neighbours I'd say (I can imagine some embarrassed parents up and down the country fielding some awkward questions from kids at this plot! :lol: ) I liked that there was a scene between Tim and Courtney, but what about her mother? Do we know who her mum is?

That child counsellor woman didn't have much to say did she? Are they paying actors by the word or something because her lines seemed to be deliberately kept brief! :dr:

Mark walking in on Susan and Karl was also hilarious and risqué! :mrgreen:
SamH

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Rhys wrote:Anyone know why Scott Major got a special recognition in the closing credits? Has he moved on?

Kate Kendall was directing, so I assume he’s her mentor or something.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Rhys wrote:Really enjoying the Hamish story. I know others are criticising it for being another fake relation plot and the return of a guest villain, but I feel the character is quite different to the types we've had for a long time. He reminds me of a Douglas Blake sort of chap - typically Neighbours with a refined accent and smart blazer. It doesn't feel quite as Mafia-esque as we've had in recent years which is a positive. Helps that he's easily the most natural actor we've had guest on the show in years. He feels positively Shakespearean compared to the rest.

The truth about Courtney's 'services' was a bit of a letdown but the way it was done had me in stitches. It's just that sort of scene that only Neighbours can get away with - it was just like a Carry On film.

I agree, Hamish is very old school and after Andrea I assume the idea is to have a villain that we know is a villain from the off, but I much prefer the mystery rather than the transparency than the obvious clues. As an Actor he reminds me of Ian Smith, Tom Oliver or Bud Tingwell, I can see elements of them. It’s a shame that after Russell that they didn’t bring Hamish in as comic relief, although I’d imagine the budget wouldn’t allow someone full time.

I do like that they’ve brought Terese into the comedy more this year. Scott McGregor is also an excellent straightman as Mark, whether intentional or not.

I think that’s the thing I’ve noticed most about Neighbours this year, the show at times has just embraced itself, worked with what it is rather than trying to be/do something else and it just works so well onscreen, they shouldn’t stray from that, they just need to find new ways to work with it.
One of the most inventive things I’ve spotted this year is the way they’ve used the 6 episode production week with the actors episode per week quotas, most noticeable with Toadie during the Andrea story, we had Ryan Moloney on a 4 episode per week contract, but rather than having him Mon-Thu, disappear on Friday and then reappear Tue-Fri the next week, we’d have Toadie/Ryan appear Fri, Mon, Tue, Wed (end of production block A) and then Thu, Fri, Mon, Tue (start of production block B), so we’d get 8 straight episodes of DEEvelopment as well as a few decent Friday cliffhangers out of it. I’m sure if worked better for Ryan too as he’d have some longer periods between work.

RamsayStreet

Return to Neighbours Talk