Rebecchi names

Rebecchi names

Postby Davestar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm not being racist here, but as Shane and Dipi are in a mixed marriage, why are all the kids given Indian names? I cant remember what the son is called so maybe he doesn't have one. The names are fine, i just thought perhaps there could have been a combination. Maybe there is reason for it. I guess its educational.
Davestar

Re: Rebecchi names

Postby Joanne » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:53 am

I think the son is Jay (maybe spelled Jai) from mentions.

But there's no reason they couldn't use names from Dipi's culture.
Joanne

Postby Davestar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 am

I agree, no reason at all. As I said i was just curious as to why they chose those names. Maybe they had a list of names and those are what they decided. Is Rebecchi Italian? That could've been another option.
Davestar

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Davestar wrote:I agree, no reason at all. As I said i was just curious as to why they chose those names. Maybe they had a list of names and those are what they decided. Is Rebecchi Italian? That could've been another option.

Rebecchi is Italian, but none of those we've met so far look like they are, so I assume it's quite far back.

There's no reason that they couldn't have given them different names, but we've seen that Dipi's culture is important to her, so it makes sense to use those names.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Gerry » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Shane's fish nickname that nearly all Rebecchi family members have is Pufferfish. I remember him saying at a week of two ago, I'm not sure if this was originally revealed the last time he was on the show back in 1995 though.
Gerry

Postby elmparkstick » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:11 am

I wish they bring back Stonefish, and his wife Waverlyfish/Aurorafish whatever she is, I can't remember her real name.
elmparkstick

Postby Davestar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 am

I thought the reason they brought Shane in, over Stonie, was because Stonie was single? The actor must be bummed, i thought he showed interest in a return in backstage videos.
Davestar

Postby SamH » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:14 pm

But they should bring Stonie in for a temporary role again, he's done a few of those and it would be nice to see all 3 brothers on screen together. I think all 3 permanently would be too much but for a couple of weeks it would be good. They could even bring Angie and big Kev in for the full reunion!
SamH

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Davestar wrote:I thought the reason they brought Shane in, over Stonie, was because Stonie was single? The actor must be bummed, i thought he showed interest in a return in backstage videos.

I think it’s because we’ve seen him recently and know although married, he doesn’t have kids.

Stonie is of the era where the show failed to future proof, same as Mal & Cath who really could have a house full of children aged 19 down by now if the show had planned it.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby SamH » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:56 pm

But they could have brought Billy and Anne's kids in by now and never have, always preferring to give Karl and Susan various waifs and strays instead! :dr:
SamH

Next

Return to Neighbours Talk