Episodes 7681-7685 (Block 1537)

Episodes 7681-7685 (Block 1537)

Postby project90 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Discuss
project90

Re: Episodes 7681-7685 (Block 1537)

Postby Shamrock » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Just catching up. Loved the last couple of weeks, especially the Paul and Terese scenes. I also liked the storm in all its wind machine glory.

Yashvi is great.

The tearing down of Susan Bower's ugly sculpture is making me laugh. I never understood the point of that ugly thing, other than cluttering up the courtyard.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby Davestar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:32 pm

I see there was smoke coming from a chimney as well as blowing trees outside Terese's office window. So is it real?
Davestar

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Shamrock wrote:The tearing down of Susan Bower's ugly sculpture is making me laugh. I never understood the point of that ugly thing, other than cluttering up the courtyard.

Haha, I love that it's now Susan Bower's sculpture. It always reminded me of the Fremantle logo.

I associate it with Fake Declan as he was unveiled in the same scene as the sculpture.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Shamrock » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Davestar wrote:I see there was smoke coming from a chimney as well as blowing trees outside Terese's office window. So is it real?

I think it's just a large computer projection of a moving image which is such a big improvement on the usual still backdrops.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby Shamrock » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:49 pm

RamsayStreet wrote:
Shamrock wrote:The tearing down of Susan Bower's ugly sculpture is making me laugh. I never understood the point of that ugly thing, other than cluttering up the courtyard.

Haha, I love that it's now Susan Bower's sculpture. It always reminded me of the Fremantle logo.

I associate it with Fake Declan as he was unveiled in the same scene as the sculpture.

Two dud reveals for the price of one. :mrs:
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby project90 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Not much posting this week in general notice forum slowing down

courteney can't be doing happy endings right just trying make look that way? Surely that bit much for neighbours

Why wasn't Sheila running head of the livability thing once Karl sacked?

I like Hamish hope he not dodgy wonder what Russel letter to him about . Why did Sheila say she blown things with Clive? Cause she wanted go funeral? If Hamish is on level not sure if raher her with him or Clive

Random thought piper must almost be 18 by now

Interesting so how different Paul and Leo relationship develop compared to Paul and David

Next week my last week in Australia than in Europe 2 months would anyone be willing write me recap when I get back?
project90

Postby Rhys » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:16 am

I'm still not warming to the new Rebecchis nor am I enjoying the sustainability storyline. It's a shame because otherwise the show is on form.

Anyone notice the guest cast credits were screwed up most days this week? Kathy Carpenter was credited on Friday along with Ellen Crabb.
Rhys

Postby RamsayStreet » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:12 am

Rhys wrote:I'm still not warming to the new Rebecchis nor am I enjoying the sustainability storyline. It's a shame because otherwise the show is on form.

Anyone notice the guest cast credits were screwed up most days this week? Kathy Carpenter was credited on Friday along with Ellen Crabb.

I saw that on Twitter, very odd.

Yeah, I can't stand the sustainability story. I'd much prefer if it was a best house competition or something as you'd have Mark wanting everything perfect, Sheila going OTT, Karl doing all he could to win, Sonya going full on gardener, Shane doing some random invention with Toadie playing the same role of winding up Karl.

The new Rebecchis are a bit strange, I quite like the characters individually, but they don't work so well as a family unit.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby SamH » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:16 am

I like the Rebecchis but think Kirsha needs more air time and a storyline - the one with that girl bullying her into taking Ellie's clothing could have gone on longer I thought, for example. I think Yashvi is really coming into her own now and Shane has been the most interesting family man they've had for years. Although I am finding the Liveability project story a bit dragging (especially all the talk of the juniper fruit!) Shane has saved it with some great comedy, and his being voted to replace Karl was hilarious (well, the look on Toadie's face was anyway! :lol: )

Also I like that Dipi is very down to earth and didn't arrive like most characters with some kind of dodgy secret or with an attitude towards others. She made friends very quickly and seems like a really nice person. Where I think they need a change is Mishti - she doesn't really work as part of the unit and needs to move out to her own place. They've tried twice to do the secret between her and Shane thing and both times it was kinda lame. I think she works well with Aaron and Leo and Mark though, so they just need to move her away from the family a bit more and she'll be fine.
SamH

Next

Return to Neighbours Talk