Neighbours could be in trouble

Re: Neighbours could be in trouble

Postby EdwardSkylover » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 am

RamsayStreet wrote:Maybe, so the Government are basically giving Fremantle tax relief but making sure they spend it on Neighbours?

Sounds like it - though according to a user on DS it is quite normal for the Australian government to give funding to TV productions, so I don't think this is particularly a special case. I guess what's special about it is that the funding is being given because of the show's international popularity rather than local popularity. It's a very bizarre and complicated thing but fascinating to read about. Neighbours really is a TV anomaly.

I just hope sometime down the track the show finds itself back on TEN again.

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 am

This all sounds very sensible on the part of Film Victoria. I always remember Ray Meagher (Alf Stewart) being asked about Neighbours one time, I think around that low point when it was moving to eleven and he made the point that he wanted it to keep going as it kept a lot of actors, directors, producers, writers etc in employment.

Postby SamH » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 pm

I reckon Ray just wants to get a gig on Neighbours before he's done and dusted. He knows what the A-list Aussie soap is. :mrgreen: :lol:

Return to Neighbours Talk