Neighbours could be in trouble

Re: Neighbours could be in trouble

Postby Karl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 pm

I suppose with late night episodes it will be 260 episodes. Can't see them doing more than that. It'll be interesting to see if they have any "proper" specials planned for Christmas this year as releasing this news now is drawing more attention to the fact the show will be off for 3/4 weeks in December. I believe this year's season finale should air on Friday 1st December, unless they already planned to produce 245 this year. Hopefully the show will now return on Tuesday 2nd January.
Karl

Postby Shamrock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Well this is fascinating. I wonder if Channel 5 were always pushing for this but Fremantle weren't agreeing, quite rightly, without an increase in money. It certainly makes sense with the original reports suggesting Fremantle were asking for more cash and this maybe made Viacom wary.

It'll definitely have an effect on the show, though mostly good I suspect. I imagine the cast will have allotted breaks throughout the year and I wouldn't be surprised to see a marginal cast size increase too to ease things in that regard.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby BrownEyedGirl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 pm

this is all good news.
BrownEyedGirl

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Shamrock wrote:Well this is fascinating. I wonder if Channel 5 were always pushing for this but Fremantle weren't agreeing, quite rightly, without an increase in money. It certainly makes sense with the original reports suggesting Fremantle were asking for more cash and this maybe made Viacom wary.

It'll definitely have an effect on the show, though mostly good I suspect. I imagine the cast will have allotted breaks throughout the year and I wouldn't be surprised to see a marginal cast size increase too to ease things in that regard.

I agree, but the show is kind of tied in terms of families. As much as I love having the legacy cast whilst they remain on Ramsay Street they do hold the show back. The Kennedy household is fairly strong at the moment, but how do they start to fill up Numbers 22, 28 or 30?

The Cannings have endless opportunities of family members to bring in, but if they’re not pairing up Gary & Terese then they need to bite the bullet and pair up her and Paul, establish them as a power couple who can clash businesswise but find a way to leave business at the front door. Amy, Paige, Piper and Gabe give them a nice full household, whilst the Tanakas add to that but can stay in Eclipse.

Toadie & Sonya need Callum back, or maybe bring back Zoe.

Steph needs her own home, it’d be quite nice if they could utilise one of the corner houses which sit on Wentworth Avenue in show. Bring back Lyn, Oscar and Charlie...
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby SamH » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:46 pm

All good ideas until you said bring back Lyn - noooooo! Never did like her much. Would rather see Flick or Michelle back, even if re-cast.

Anyway good to see the show is safe and expanding, not going down the pan as was once feared!
SamH

Previous

Return to Neighbours Talk