Neighbours could be in trouble

Re: Neighbours could be in trouble

Postby Andy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:59 am

It's all gone very quiet on the Viacom / Freemantlemedia negotiations. Any ideas on when an announcement will be made?
Andy

Postby EdwardSkylover » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:09 pm

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbo ... year-deal/

I hope that's true, 4 years seems short for a soap deal though.
EdwardSkylover

Postby SamH » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 am

Caution - that link has photos in it that act as spoilers
SamH

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 am

"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Freddie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:48 am

RamsayStreet wrote:http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/06/ten-enters-voluntary-administration.html

Ten are in administration.

What does this mean for Neighbours, will another network pick it up if Ten goes under?
Freddie

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Freddie wrote:
RamsayStreet wrote:http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/06/ten-enters-voluntary-administration.html

Ten are in administration.

What does this mean for Neighbours, will another network pick it up if Ten goes under?

I think it's unlikely that it will go under, but if the network goes into receivership they could be forced to suspend production as some of the production staff belong to Ten. I don't know the extent of their involvement though.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Lucy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:27 pm

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/viacoms ... 202584105/

The deal has been resigned, and from next year no winter break. Plus we'll be getting more specials.
Lucy
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:41 pm

I am assuming the 258 episodes means the show will be off at least for 2 days at Christmas. Let's hope the quality won't drop due to this.
Karl

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Karl wrote:I am assuming the 258 episodes means the show will be off at least for 2 days at Christmas. Let's hope the quality won't drop due to this.

I make it 3 weekdays without episodes, so guessing New Years Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:07 pm

I presume that Corrie & Emmerdale may just top Neighbours in number of episodes per year with having 6 episodes a week.

I wonder how it’ll work in terms of production breaks, the cast & crew have enjoyed some pretty decent breaks since they moved to producing 6 episodes a week. Maybe they’ll just have extra crews filming or give cast a holiday allowance like Corrie/Eastenders do, but then we could have characters disappear for weeks or months between stories.

RamsayStreet

PreviousNext

Return to Neighbours Talk