Libby poll

Libby poll

Postby HelenD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:40 pm

This is purely hypothetical ....

If Libby were to return in a step family plot would, you prefer ... ?

(A) To see them meet first time on-screen and follow the relationships
(B) Have them arrive as a family already after verbal updates about them from Karl/Susan chatting
HelenD

Re: Libby poll

Postby HelenD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:45 pm

I would follow either, but in some ways I'd prefer (B) because:

(A) They could fill the 2 parent step-family format lost now Matt is gone
(B) I'm tired of emotionally investing in couples only for them to be split/die within 2 years etc. Having lost marriages to Drew/Dan very quickly, it would be nice to see Libby straight in there.
HelenD

Postby RobinsonSreet » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Guy and Libby and maybe some children would be interesting.
RobinsonSreet

Postby HelenD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:54 pm

So you'd prefer them to meet on-screen and see the relationship develop then?

It would be kind of nice for Libby to become Lou's daughter-in-law and I think Lou could have more great scenes with the Kennedys than he does now. Plus I'd like to see Lauren & Guy being grown up siblings on the show as that hasn't really been done much for their age group.
HelenD

Postby RobinsonSreet » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:59 am

Libby, Guy his children and Lauren all living in the same house would be challenging and exciting.

Libby playing Stepmother and wife would be interesting.
RobinsonSreet

Postby project90 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 am

i would prefer her come in already with someone. as someone said before it exhausting watching her relationship build up just to end suddenly. i only started watching little bit before Drew death, but with Dan we had all the Sam drama/ them thinking her baby was Dan's the Lucas Dan Libby love triangle and two miscarriages for them to brake up and her best fried have hi baby.

No one in neighbours gets to the happy married family stage with out lot of darma first unless they come into the show already a family. Libby been trough enough
project90

Postby joany208121 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:58 am

I'd prefer her to come in with someone, who she has married or committed to off screen, unless it was Guy Carpenter. I'd really like to see him visit Lauren and Lou while Lib visits her parents and they bump into each other and fall in love.
joany208121

Postby paige » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:07 pm

If you want step families and foster kids and all that crap go watch home and away neighbours need to do something different, how about Libby be an independent woman not at a mans mercy its 2015
paige

Postby Shamrock » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Unless they decided to tie her into one of the show's current families (like having her get with Guy, or a Canning or extended Robinson), then I'd rather she come back with a ready-made family already. That said, I do like the idea of tying her into one of current cast, just to create a big extended family. It's a shame the Robinsons have so few options because Libby and Paul being family could be fun.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby HelenD » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:01 pm

paige wrote:If you want step families and foster kids and all that crap go watch home and away neighbours need to do something different, how about Libby be an independent woman not at a mans mercy its 2015

I do agree that we need a single, independent 30-50 woman (and man) but I wouldn't mind Libby having step/adopted kids either because it would make sense for the character. However, I would like an adoption to reflect the proper process, rather than taking in a kid they knew / of the street etc.

A different plot would be for Libby to start the adoption process of screen and just give us updates even it's realistically going to be a bit slow at the start.

Having said all that, I think we also need a non-step/blended family on the street because that should be represented too! (I know the current Willises are all fully related, but Ned is not).
HelenD

Next

Return to Neighbours Talk