Time To Bring Back Libby... For Good

Time To Bring Back Libby... For Good

Postby RobinsonSreet » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:17 pm

A fantastic read. I love reading articles on this site. I think Kylie and Libby would be an interesting couple.

For those who haven't read the article piece.

http://perfectblend.net/comment/bringbacklibby.htm
RobinsonSreet

Re: Time To Bring Back Libby... For Good

Postby RamsayStreet » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:03 am

Well, I love Libby so I'm very biased, but it's all so true. I always think of Libby & Lucy as Neighbours' answers to Sally Fletcher - Lucy because she's an original character who we've seen grow up from a child (but with gaps & recasts) and Libby because she's just so loved by the community and we've seen her grow up from a teen to a young woman to an adult & mother. Libby will always have a place in the show, her job gives her a reason to interact with the teens & their parents. It'a great.

It's a great read, Conor (aka Shamrock)
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby AfroHarold » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:28 pm

It's a great article. :) Spot on.

I had gone off Libby in the days where the Steph and Dan saga dominated but her return really was wonderful and she definitely has her place in the show, especially in the school I think. She has so many connections to other characters (opens up the potential for some nice scenes with Toadie) and I wouldn't even mind if Ben came back - the scene where he wanted to change his name was lovely.
AfroHarold

Postby Shamrock » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Needless to say, I agree with you all. :mrs:

I also think the Lucy/Libby thing is a great point. It's probably why I'm so fond of the idea of them both in the regular cast right now.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby SamH » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:06 pm

I think another important point is this - Karl and Susan aren't going to be around forever. Who knows when one or both of them will decide to retire from the show? They may not want to go on as long as Tom Oliver has. How many more years will Karl and Susan be on the show for? Now - wouldn't it be nice to know that when the time comes for one or both to leave, Libby is there to carry on the Kennedy continuity. She could get married again or have a partner, Ben could be around for a few years but written out later like most teens are - but there's no shortage of other family who could be brought in to stay with Libby. Billy and Anne's kids, family on Drew's side or her new partners, etc. I know it's down to Kym if she'd want to be on the show for years to come and have that kind of life-long association with it, but if she was up for that then the producers should definitely get her back full time now and see if she'll stay the distance. Wouldn't it be something to see Libby and Toadie grow up from teenagers into their 40s and 50s over the next 20 years? That would be incredible. It could happen too - we've seen characters like Ken Barlow stay in soaps their whole lives (almost) so its possible.

Lucy is good too and I think now is a great time for her to return full time. :D
SamH

Postby RamsayStreet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:26 pm

I think had the show been run as it is now, Kym may never have left in 2004. They're very good at letting people go off and do other things now, whereas Kym had to leave to do Dirty Dancing. Who knows how that could've changed events that followed.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RobinsonSreet » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:23 pm

The Kennedys house is empty and it could do with one of the children return full-time to create drama and interaction. Even if Kym Valentine could just do one day a week in scheduling, which would be great.

Libby should return announcing that she is pregnant much to the show Karl and Susan.
RobinsonSreet

Postby Frosiefan22 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:18 am

She had a hysterectomy. I know Neighbours is known for being able to do unrealistic things and having continuity issues but would Libby being pregnant would be downright weird lol :-P
Frosiefan22

Postby NoseyNeighbour » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 am

I like the idea of Maybe kym returning twice week, making it look like her character is back on screen full time, but shown less.
NoseyNeighbour

Postby SamH » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:14 am

She could always return Tom Oliver style where she has regular breaks - be easy to arrange if Ben was living in Oakey or something and she'd go to visit him every so often for extended breaks. Maybe they could work it so she'd go away during school holidays or something as teachers get a lot of time off. That's if Kym had other things she wanted to do of course, rather than because she can't handle the fast pace anymore like Tom. :lol:

Down the line there is clearly potential for Holly to come in full time as a teenager (probably being re-cast but hey ho) and if Karl and Susan ever left, Holly could live with Libby and her new partner. Or they could bring Mal and re-cast Catherine (plus baby) back and move them in with Libby too. The options are endless and I think they should be planning ahead now to try and keep the Kennedy name going on the show for when K&S depart. I know it could be another 10+ years away but it also might be fewer...
SamH

Next

Return to Neighbours Talk