Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Re: Episodes 7746-7750 (Block 1550)

Postby RamsayStreet » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Well the penthouse now looks like a bland, beige box.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby Shamrock » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:29 am

I'm wondering what the thought it behind merging the penthouse with next door. Other than filling out the set a bit more, which is no bad thing in theory. It always was a bit weird that the Robinsons were living in three sets at one point. I'm assuming David and Leo's part of the penthouse, if we see much of it, will be their same set revamped?

That was Lyn at her worst today. Though again I do find it sad that her life just seems to lurch from misery to misery. It's baffling for a non-regular, non-Ramsay Street character to continue having such a tough time of it offscreen. :mrs:

David is just adorable. Such a favourite of mine.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby Lucy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Another great finale. So many questions. I'll miss this in future.
Lucy
Site Admin

Postby DahlTheGalah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Enjoyed the final week, great seeing Angie & Lyn too :D

The finale today threw up lots of questions... Firstly why on earth would they invite Willow to the marriage renewals?? Seeing as she was originally part of the scam AND surely a HUGE reminder of what split Sonya & Toadie up in the first place :roll:

Who was it that turned up in the cab? Andrea or Dee? :o

Who actually did kill Hamish?

And who has taken Gabe?!? :o Obviously the same person who has been following both Paige & Mark :? (& broke into No.24?) I hope they don't initially suspect Steph though...

Can't wait until January now :chris:
DahlTheGalah

Postby Gj81 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:07 pm

I can understand Willow because they did help her in the end.

And my guess is that's Andrea. Probably coming to stir things up, or at least give the money back.
Gj81

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:16 am

An alright finale but felt it could have been a lot better. The Dee/Andrea appearance was a bit odd - felt like they didn’t make the most of it.
Also disappointed to see they carry on on same day in the new year - I actually thought they were going to pick up a few weeks later next year when Steph talked about going to Bendigo for a few weeks and Karl to London etc. so looks like it’ll be the usual very strange disappearance of the Christmas decorations (and New Years Eve and Day etc!) in the space of an episode.

Loved having Angie and Lyn around this week. Angie’s potion so funny! I really felt sorry for Lyn when she broke down over Oscar. I think she’s getting a hard time from a lot of viewers this visit. I hope we get a bit more out of her story and it’s not the end of it there. If that’s it, I don’t fully get why she came back this time.

Joanne was underwhelming from me but maybe it’s because I’m not a Prisoner fan.

David is so lovely and was really happy for him with his family unit after such a long wait. Penthouse “renovations” looks a bit of a wasted opportunity to make the set look a bit more lived in.
Mark

Postby RamsayStreet » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:32 am

I think they’re setting Lyn & Angie up for more frequent visits, with the show going full time they’ll need characters to flesh things out a bit and I think the idea is to have familiar faces for the viewers who tune in when Doctors is off.

Yeah, I’m expecting that the penthouse renos were just to suggest that the Robinsons are all under one roof but all of the scenes will still be in the existing set as Paul mentioned that’s more luxurious.
As a set it’s an awful design, yes it has multiple entry and exit points but it doesn’t allow for much in the way of variety as now they’ve blocked off the office area there’s no different spaces (or colours!).

I think David is my standout character of 2017, probably closely followed by Leo, as characters they’ve developed so much and I like both of their relationships with Paul, who continues to be written so well, even if he is one of those characters who doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes entirely.

Terese, as much as I love her really hasn’t come out well from this middle aged menage-a-trois and I’m really at the point that I just want her to pick Paul to put an end to the game playing unless they can get her and Gary back to the more comedic stuff. In terms of expanding the cast, moving Terese & Piper in with the Cannings makes most sense as it frees up a house and part of me thinks that we’re headed for a new Scully household with Charlie back then if Holly turns up they’ll be the new teen couple.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:51 am

Lucy wrote:Another great finale. So many questions. I'll miss this in future.

Yes, we’ll never have this speculation again really, but maybe that’s a good thing, sometimes we hope for the world...

With the way Christmas & New Years falls next year, we won’t even have them give us a weekend cliffhanger.

RamsayStreet

Postby project90 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:58 am

RamsayStreet wrote:
Lucy wrote:Another great finale. So many questions. I'll miss this in future.

Yes, we’ll never have this speculation again really, but maybe that’s a good thing, sometimes we hope for the world...

With the way Christmas & New Years falls next year, we won’t even have them give us a weekend cliffhanger.

Feel like I've missed something here
project90

Postby Joanne » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:07 am

I don't think this is a spoiler, but the show isn't going to have any more long term breaks over Christmas as of next year. This was the last season finale.
Joanne

PreviousNext

Return to Neighbours Talk