Annoying Facebook Cretins

Re: Annoying Facebook Cretins

Postby rockfenris2005 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

I've showed a few people already my "Ghosts of Ramsay Street" webisodes I did in 2014 lol. That has Paul being confronted with the ghosts of characters like Julie Martin and Jim. I saw "Wicked" on the weekend, IMO some of the greatest "fan fiction" of all time.

One thing I don't like about FB, is it's like a treadmill. You have to keep going, posting and liking and posting and liking and posting and liking, otherwise you feel like you've been excluded from the group. I never went thru this brattiness in high school and it's so silly. Does anyone else have this problem?
rockfenris2005

Postby Joanne » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:30 pm

rockfenris2005 wrote:I've showed a few people already my "Ghosts of Ramsay Street" webisodes I did in 2014 lol. That has Paul being confronted with the ghosts of characters like Julie Martin and Jim. I saw "Wicked" on the weekend, IMO some of the greatest "fan fiction" of all time.

Oh that sounds so fun and interesting. I agree, "Wicked" is amazing. I love the show. I like retellings and rewritings of things - it's like our generation's/civilisation's folklore and mythology in a way. But there are so many ways to play around with these things - it's fun, too.
Joanne

Postby rockfenris2005 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:49 pm

It's a fascinating premise. What was the backstory of the Wicked Witch of the West? And Glinda for that matter? I totally buy that she was a bit of an airhead. That makes sense with the Glinda in the movie. I love that. I thought it was a pity again they couldn't come up with something just as good for "Love never dies" the sequel to "The Phantom of the Opera", but I like that the Phantom would have gone to Manhattan because they wouldn't have been able to find him there, firstly because of the distance between Paris and New York being on completely different continents and I don't think they would have been able to deport him, and because the city itself even in those days was probably huge. Also, the idea of the Phantom being BELOW ground in the original story, in his "underworld", but being above everything in a penthouse in the sequel. And then just the difference between the Victorian and Edwardian period in general. "Phantom" era was gaslight. Phantom in Manhattan, you would have had electricity. And the music would have had to adapt to that and the American style, while "keeping true" to the original show.

All kinds of potential and even a lot of the songs on their own live up to that, IMO. Oh well.

I remember when people were using Myspace.
rockfenris2005

Previous

Return to General Chat