The Big Reunion 2014

The Big Reunion 2014

Postby Latina » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Is anyone watching? I normally have little to no interest in shows like this, but the line-up this year included so many groups I was a fan of in my childhood/teens (namely Eternal, A1, 3T and Damage) that I couldn't ignore it. Actually now I think about it, I remember thinking that if Eternal alone were to ever feature in something like this then I'd definitely watch. I was obsessed with them.

I don't remember Girl Thing at all and initially didn't see the point of them featuring, but now that I've watched it, their story is quite interesting. It reminds me of that utter low point in the pop industry at the end of the 90s when not debuting at number 1 meant the end of your career.

Compare that to just a couple of years earlier with Damage, who's first single missed the chart completely and subsequent ones charted gradually higher, leading to a good string of singles and decent amount of success (even if they did let it all go to waste).

Also Kian from Westlife can do one, but I do love Emma Bunton.
G'day, chook!
Latina

Re: The Big Reunion 2014

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 pm

I want to watch but am struggling as our Thursday night TV schedule is quite full, so can't record anything else. I need to find a decent repeat time.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby lynz1234 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm

I liked the last series but I am not so sure about this one so far, maybe it's cos I didn't know who girl thing were and other thAn one of damage being with baby spice I don't know anything about damage neither. I will keep watching and hope that I enjoy the next few episodes.
lynz1234

Postby Latina » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 am

I really enjoyed last week's episode (Eternal and A1) - why they didn't use it as the first episode this series I have no idea!

I was such a big fan of Eternal during their first 3 albums that I closed my ears to all the controversy at the time, although I knew something wasn't right with Kelle. I hope they will lay their demons to rest now they're older and wiser.
G'day, chook!
Latina

Return to Other TV Shows