Eastenders

Eastenders

Postby Edd » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Well it's certainly improved lately hasn't it?
Edd

Re: Eastenders

Postby Shamrock » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Isn't it great? I can't remember the last time a producer came in, made his mark and improved the show so quickly.

The Carters are the best soap family I've seen in years and the big names he's drawn back is very impressive.
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby RamsayStreet » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:02 pm

It really is a big turnaround. I'm really engaged in the episodes again, rather than them just being background noise.

I'm also looking forward to the new backlot.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:28 pm

I love Aunt Babe already. I like how they've clearly set her up to come in and run the kitchen too.
"The reason why Neighbours has flourished for so long is that at the heart of it there are people who care for one another." J Woodburne

Neighbours, squashed tomatoes and potatoes, with Harold in the kitchen, you can find the Perfect Blend
RamsayStreet

Postby EdwardSkylover » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:35 am

They've done fantastic. It hasn't been this good since about 2009, and even then, I'd probably say it's actually better now. Bringing back Stacey, Sonia etc is genius. It was fast becoming unrecognisable but there are so many iconic and well-known characters back now. Everything just seems to fit together so well now. No waifs or strays, believable lfriendships and links between characters. My only complaint is Shabnam. I can see they're trying to make her a younger Zainab, but she isn't as likeable and is nothing like the Shabnam that left for Pakistan a few years ago. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. She was a wishy washy nothing character.

I am distraught Joey Branning has gone though. What a beautiful man.
EdwardSkylover

Postby Shamrock » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:56 am

The show's quality has improved in leaps and bounds. I've seen a few people say that all the show really needs to put it back on top is one proper, classic "everyone's talking about it" story. I think this is it...

Spoiler:

In one of EastEnders' biggest ever mysteries, Walford will change forever when Lucy Beale is sensationally killed off this spring.

Lucy - the daughter of Ian, the twin of Peter, and half-sister to Bobby and Cindy - has featured in EastEnders since her birth on 9th December 1993. The Beale clan are the only remaining original family in Walford since the show launched on the 19th February 1985. Lucy’s death will mark the end of an era and the start of a dark new chapter for the Beale family.

The demise of Lucy has been secretly plotted since the arrival of Executive Producer, Dominic Treadwell-Collins. Dominic hinted in a speech at the end of 2013 that there would be a big story that will “hit around Easter and keep going until the anniversary. It will shock and hopefully make the nation weep and give Adam Woodyatt, who is a brilliant actor and a lovely man, a chance to shine.”

The huge storyline has been ingeniously plotted so that it isn’t a typical whodunit, but rooted in truth - raw, emotional and gritty. No one knows exactly what happened to Lucy on the night she died, except very few people - even the person responsible for her death.

Ian will start to question how well he really knew his daughter, as secrets spill out after her death. But one Walford resident has a very dark secret about what really happened the night Lucy died - and viewers will be left guessing for the rest of the year... What killed Lucy Beale?
Shamrock
Site Admin

Postby RamsayStreet » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:09 am

Spoiler:
A big part of me thinks killing off a Beale child is a mistake and down the line they'll regret it, but Lucy is the lesser of three evils as the name will live on with Peter and Bobby. The fallout should be huge though, so I'm looking forward to that.

I hope Cindy's responsible, but Gary Lucy did say we hadn't seen the end of Danny or something like that.

RamsayStreet

Postby EdwardSkylover » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Spoiler:
Wow, I think it's a massive mistake to kill off Lucy, I can't believe they're doing it. Okay, the actress wasn't too good, but they could have always recast her.

It was a mistake to ever get rid of Melissa Suffield.
EdwardSkylover

Postby RamsayStreet » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Scott, Charlene & Madge got a mention today as Ronnie & Roxy wound up Jay about Abby. They referenced the Home and Away theme as well.

RamsayStreet

Postby Edd » Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 am

I've been catching up on my Eastenders. Any theories on who killed Lucy? As brilliant as Adam Woodyat has been in his portrayal of Ian, I'm struggling to care about his woe, because Lucy was such a intolerable bitch and Ian was always horrible to her anyway. Whoever killed her probably had bloody good reason to. :mrs:

I seem to recall when the storyline was announced that it would be a case of 'what' killed Lucy Beale. Not necessarily who. It's quite plausible that whoever did kill her might not they were the one to do it. I hope it wasn't a suicide or an overdose.

Anyway, I think Phil did it. But he doesn't know he did it. I don't know how this would work. But he's being far too nice to Ian. That'd my reasoning. </no logic>
Edd

Return to Other TV Shows